May 2024 LC - Surprise Challenge

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
May 2024 LC - Surprise Challenge

For this monthly challenge we will have something different each month. Sometimes we might explore a technique, a pattern, texture, theme, or something else entirely. Hopefully, you will find it keeps it fresh and helps to inspire you in your projects!

I have always thought the pattern of houndstooth was elegant, classy, and timeless. One of the earliest examples of houndstooth was unearthed in a Swedish Bog that dates to 500 to 1 B.C.E on what is called the Gerum Cloak. In more recent history it has been woven by shepherds in from the Scottish Lowlands with a special weaving technique. After the 1930's it has gained popularity into modern times. Here are some examples from the gallery using houndstooth in their layouts.

All three pages above use houndstooth somewhere on the page.

Challenge: This month's challenge is for you to use the houndstooth pattern somewhere on your layout.

The Details

1. Challenge ends when May does.
  2. Be sure to post your layout in this month's completion thread if you would like to earn download credits. More details here.
  3. You must tag your layouts with this tag: may 2024 layout challenge, may 2024 lc surprise
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.

Most of all have fun!

Thank you Bourico, AMarie, Doska, Becky, and Pirokko for playing along with the challenge! I have left you all some love on your pages!

I am loving all the houndstooth! I'll admit it is one of my favorite patterns. Thanks so much for playing along Emerald & AMarie! smiley

Thank you for hosting the challenge, Jessica.

I applied houndstooth papers to the paint strips

You all have found lovely ways to add the houndstooth to your pages Lidia, Chitra & Cathy! Thanks so much for joining in!

Beautiful Valentina! Thanks so much for joining in! smiley

Thank you for the challenge, Jessica! Did a search in the graphics for "houndstooth" and ended up reusing your The Whole Story kit.

Gallery